Friday, May 13, 2011

Parents "R" Talking, Rebecca Kammerer's Patch Article-"I Have Spanked My Child"

Am I the perfect parent? No way!
Have I lost my cool while parenting? Yes!

Do I regret it? Yes!

Do I feel that I dealt with the situation in a positive light? Yes!

I truly feel that spanking is not necessary, but if dealt with appropriately
(after the fact) it can be a learning experience for all involved. Now
before you blast me, please read this article in full.


There are MANY things to try when teaching right from wrong before choosing
to spank, such as gentle instruction, redirecting (distracting) the child,
taking away a privilege or sending the child to timeout. Any of these options,
supported by a strong foundation of love and respect, is the only truly
effective way to bring about commendable behavior based on strong inner values,
instead of superficially “good” behavior based only on fear…http://patch.com/A-hwF9 

No comments:

Post a Comment