Friday, April 15, 2011

Parents "R" Talking: Parents trying to do it all...

Video Blog: Parents trying to do it all...
External Image
by Rebecca Kammerer


Just last week, I was watching my mother-in-law read to my twins as I folded laundry and it reminded me of when I was little.

When I was 5, my sister and I would spend a few hours every afternoon at my grandmother’s house across the street. This was when my mom, who worked full-time (third shift/overnight), would do house work, cook dinner, run errands and get some sleep. Back then, even stay-at-home parents would have their relatives or older children entertain the little ones while they got things done. Nowadays, lots of people do not have extended family close by to help take care of children while their parents work.

When my children were younger, I used to feel guilty when I paid a sitter to care for them once a week. Heck, if my mom was still alive, or if I lived closer to my sister, I would certainly have their help in caring for my children. So why did I feel guilty to get that help from a wonderful sitter who has come to love my children…


Click here for V-Blog and Full Article


Please forward to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment